I have my mom to thank for this tasty beet juice recipe. While visiting my family in North Carolina recently, my mom made a very similar juice for us every morning. Inspired by her and by something that I know we used to drink in Venezuela, I decided to share this very easy and quick beet juice recipe. I make juices frequently because I feel it is the best way for me to get my daily dose of fruits and veggies. Also – on a totally random note – I cannot wait to get a new blender! I know Adam agrees with me hahaha! What’s your favorite juice? Please tell me in the comments section.
- 6 baby carrots (raw)
- ½ of a small beet or ⅓ of a large beet (raw)
- 1-2 tbsp. honey
- 1 c. orange juice
- Cut the leaves off the beets where they join with the beet. Peel your beet and rinse it. Cut the beet in half or a third of it (depending on its size) and toss in the blender.
- Rinse the 6 carrots and toss in the blender.
- Add honey and orange juice
- Blend on high for about 45 sec to 1 minute. Lower the speed of the blender to about medium and blend for another 30 seconds. Serve and enjoy this refreshing drink 🙂
- Note: You can choose to cut the beets and carrots into smaller chunks for easier blending (I just tossed mine in the blender without first cutting them into smaller pieces)