Can we say “yum!” for a moment!? Nothing screams summer quite like going to a Farmers Market and buying FRESH food! I love it so much!!! This isn’t the first time I have made a Caprese Salad Panini but it is the first time I have remembered to blog it LOL.
You can also make this panini with fresh pesto sauce instead of using basil leaves and olive oil – it is sooooo good like that too!!
I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 Fresh Baguette
- 1 Large Heirloom Tomato
- 1 Large Fresh Mozzarella Ball
- 4 slices Prosciutto
- 12 Basil Leaves Medium to large
- Olive Oil Drizzle
- Wash the heirloom tomato and basil leaves and pat dry with a paper towel then cut the tomato and mozzarella ball into slices.
- Quarter the baguette and then slice those sections in half - toast the halves in a toaster oven or normal oven at 350F for a few minutes (enough for the bread to still be soft but have a nice crisp to it - about 2-3 minutes. Make sure you keep an eye on it so it doesn't get burnt or too dry). Take out of the oven or toaster oven and start to assemble the panini!
- Drizzle some olive oil on the bread halves (about 1 tbsp each) and place 1 slice of prosciutto on top then add 1-2 slices of tomato, 1-2 slices of mozzarella, and 3 basil leaves. Place the other half of bread on top and enjoy! 🙂