It is summer and summer definitely calls for Caprese Salad! Since the 4th of July is around the corner I know most of you will be going out to a lovely cookout, party or event 🙂 Seriously though, yummy fresh tomatoes from the farmer’s market, fresh basil from your herb garden and fresh mozzarella! What is not to love about that combination for summer!?
I can’t really call this recipe my own because it is a popular one and I have no idea where it originated from but the first time I saw Caprese Salad Skewers was about two summers ago when my mother in-law prepared these for a garden party. Its a genius idea so I will credit her for the concept!
I used this ingredient in my recipe but you may also choose to use salt instead: Herbamare Original Seasoning Salt
- 1 Cherry Tomato per toothpick
- 1 Baby Mozzarella Ball per toothpick
- 1 Medium Basil leaf per toothpick
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
- Herbamare Original Seasoning Salt or you can use a dash of salt instead
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and basil leaves. Put one tomato, one folded basil leaf and one mozzarella ball per toothpick (make as many as you like! They are so delish!)
- Place the Caprese Salad skewers on a platter and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic glaze and Herbamare Original seasoning - you just need a little bit of each. Serve chilled and enjoy!!! 🙂