Hello and Happy Monday! I cannot believe that tomorrow is the first day of October!
As I was shopping at Target last week, I was looking for this mushroom Alfredo sauce from Bertolli that I normally buy. I couldn’t find it and decided to pick up a jar of their garlic Alfredo instead. I sat there looking at the jar for a few seconds and put it back on the shelf. I can make Alfredo myself and it is PRETTY easy and fast! So with that I present to you this blog 🙂
- 2 packages of La Pasta Mushroom Tortelloni (found at Whole Foods in Springfield, VA)
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp butter (2 for Alfredo sauce and 1 for sauteeing mushrooms)
- 2 cups heavy cream (can substitute with half and half)
- 1 tbsp salt (or more to taste but remember you are sprinkling Parmesan cheese on your Tortelloni and that adds salt too)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 tub of baby bella mushrooms
- Wash all the mushrooms well to make sure any dirt is gone. Thinly slice about half of the mushrooms and chop the rest (this will give the sauce variety). In a skillet melt 1 tbsp of butter over medium high and then add the mushrooms and cover. Let the mushrooms simmer in their own juices for about 5-7 minutes then turn off the stove and let them sit in the pan. It is important to cover them so that any water they release doesn't evaporate. This will give the sauce a stronger mushroom flavor.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for the Tortelloni (or whatever Pasta you are choosing to make). Cook the Tortelloni or pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile in a separate pan, add the diced garlic with the remaining 2 tbsp of butter. Sautee over medium high heat for about 30 seconds (just don't let the garlic burn or it will be very bitter). Add the heavy cream and bring to a light boil then reduce heat to low so the heavy cream is simmering. After about 5 minutes, it will thicken. At this time add the salt and Parmesan cheese. Stir then add mushrooms and stir. If you feel the sauce has thickened too much you can slowly add milk to thin it, just remember that you may need to add more Parmesan to make up for this. Let the sauce simmer for another minute or two and then remove from heat.
- When the Tortelloni or Pasta is ready, drain all the water in a colander and put some butter in the pan. Toss the Tortelloni/Pasta back in and gently stir. Add the sauce little by little until the Tortelloni/Pasta is generously coated (you will most likely have sauce left over for another dish). Serve on a dish with grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy 🙂