I was pretty blown away by how yummy the Cod turned out in this recipe!
So I was talking to Adam about how yummy it would be to have roasted tomatoes like we did while we were in Appledore, England last summer and that got me thinking… about England… and fish ‘n chips… and the yummy roasted tomatoes we had for breakfast at the Appledore House (the bed and breakfast we stayed at). That is how this meal was born. It was my take on two England favorites of ours (we did have many faves but I really wanted roasted tomatoes!!!)
So here they are:
Original Cod Recipe: Crispy Oven-Fried Fish Fillets
The only modification that I did was use bread crumbs because I didn’t have the croutons they suggested (nor any other type of croutons). We also did not have tartar sauce so I just served it with lemon wedges (not pictured)
- 14-16 Pearl Tomatoes (they are not as large as regular tomatoes but they are not as small as cherry tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp chopped Thyme (I used fresh from my herb garden)
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 small diced cloves of Garlic
- 5 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp dried Oregano
- Small basting brush for the oil mixture
- Preheat the broiler to 475F. Mix the Thyme, Garlic, Salt, Oregano and Olive Oil in a small bowl. Prepare a cookie sheet (with the lip all around so any juices don't drip) with cooking spray. Place the tomatoes on the cookie sheet and baste with oil mixture (pictured below). Broil for about 12 minutes.