This sounds way fancier than what it really is hahaha. Last night I really wanted some roasted beets for dinner but I didn’t just want beets so I rummaged around to see what I had in my kitchen to make this. Luckily I had some blood oranges and baby carrots so I used those with my beets. Mmm this is a really simple, yummy and healthy recipe 🙂
- 2 large beets (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup baby carrots (washed)
- 2 blood oranges (washed, peeled and cut in wedges)
- Cooking Spray
- Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. In the meantime peel the beets, wash the carrots and peel the oranges. Cut the beets in slices (see photo). Leave the carrots whole and slice the blood oranges into wedges. Grab a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Place on the baking sheet the beets and carrots and make sure they are spread out. Roast in the oven for 8 minutes. Pull them out then add the orange wedges. Cook for another 7 minutes.
- Serve the veggies and then lightly drizzle honey on them and then drizzle the balsamic glaze. Serve with chicken, steak, or fish. I served mine below with Trader Joe's Thai Shrimp Gyoza.